Posted by Jeff as Blogs
Craig tagged me and while I’ve done my best to avoid this over the years, I will play along.
My mission is to disclose 8 things about myself and tag 8 more bloggers:
- I met my wife on an flight to JFK that ended up being delayed on the ground in SFO for 3 hours, which means our first date ended up being almost 9 hours long. It must have been fate, we were married 3 months from the date we met.
- I am a freak about having a clean car, I always have been. I will have my car washed up to 3 times a week. My wife rolls her eyes, it’s probably good that she married me after just 3 months…
- My first real job was in my senior year of high school. With a half day class schedule I got a job as a carpenter and worked the graveyard shift on glass factory renovation (they had 4 months to get that job done so were working 24 hours a day). I went to work at 11pm and went to classes when I was finished with my shift, sleeping in the afternoon. I joined the carpenters union (local 848) and was making $19 an hour plus benefits, which for a high school student was more money than God. It also taught me a valuable lesson, hard labor sucks as a way to make a living… but the construction skills I learned have served me well over the years.
- My first computer was a TRS-80 and it absolutely fascinated me. I wish I still had it.
- I get choked up easily watching movies.
- I am left handed but play a lot of sports (e.g. baseball and golf) right handed. I surf goofy-foot.
- I love the smell of napalm in the morning… I do get up really early and walk our dog as the sun is coming up. It is my favorite time of the day because a whole new day is in front of me.
- I am hyper self-critical, to a fault, and fundamentally believe I won’t be successful at anything I do. I think it’s a strategy I’ve conned myself into so that I won’t be disappointed if I don’t succeed. Ironically, I’m generally an optimist and believe that everyone else will be successful. It’s a conflict I have yet to reconcile.
The second half of the challenge was to tag 8 bloggers who, as far as I know, have not already been tagged. I now tag Greg Reinacker, Sig Rinde, Jana Eggers, Eric Norlin, Bart Decrem, Ismael Ghalimi, Jevon MacDonald, and Kevin McDonald.